In order to access your account online, you will need to enroll for Home Banking first. Home Banking provides convenient access to account information and transactions 24 hours a day, seven days a week! This service is offered free to GCS Credit Union members. To sign up for Home Banking, please read the Home Banking Disclosure Election and Agreement Disclosures and click the Accept button at the bottom of the disclosure. We hope you enjoy the many options available through Home Banking the Credit Union Way!
Home Banking Disclosure Election
The Home Banking Agreement & Disclosure governing your use of the Home Banking service will be provided to you online before you can access accounts through Home Banking Online. You agree to accept the Home Banking Agreement and Disclosures online once you click the accept button at the bottom of the disclosure. The following terms and conditions will apply to our delivery and your receipt of the Agreement and Disclosures online.
Scope of Online Consent. Your consent to receive online documents includes the Agreement and Disclosures provided at this site, periodic statement information provided through the Home Banking program and notice of change in terms and responses to billing error inquiries (future documentation) which may be sent to your e-mail address. If you change your e-mail address at any time, you must notify us of your new e-mail address by updating it once logged in to Home Banking, telephone at (618) 797-7993 or (866) 231-4427, or by mail at GCS Credit Union, 3970 Maryville Road, Granite City, IL 62040.
You may withdraw your consent to receive future documentation online by giving your withdrawal instructions to us by phone, mail or email.
Paper copies. You have the right to request and receive a paper copy of the Agreement and Disclosures, and future documentation at any time by stopping by any branch office or requesting the documents by telephone (618) 797-7993 or (866)231-4427.
If you choose not to receive your periodic statement electronically, a $2.00 fee per statement cycle will apply.
Online Home Banking Agreement Disclosures
1. Introduction. This Agreement is the contract which covers your and our rights and responsibilities concerning Home Banking ("Home Banking") Services offered to you by GCS Credit Union ("Credit Union"). In this Agreement, the words "you" and "yours" mean those who sign an Account Card or submit the online Home Banking Self-Enrollment form and any authorized users. The word "account" means any one or more share accounts you have with the Credit Union.
By signing an Account Card or submitting the online Home Banking Self-Enrollment form, you agree to the following terms governing your and our rights and responsibilities concerning the Home Banking electronic funds transfer services. Electronic funds transfers ("EFTs") are electronically initiated transactions through Home Banking transactions involving your deposit accounts.
2. Home Banking Services. Upon approval, you may use your personal computer to access your accounts. You must use your member number along with your security code to access your accounts. The Home Banking service is accessible seven (7) days a week, 24 hours a day. However, from time to time, some or all of the Credit Union's Home Banking services may not be available due to system maintenance. You will need a personal computer and a Web browser (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator). The online address for the Home Banking service is www.mygcscu.com. You are responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation of your computer and modem. The Credit Union will not be responsible for any errors or failures involving any telephone service or your computer. At the present time, you may use the Home Banking service to:
Transfer funds between your Savings, Checking accounts.
Transfer funds from your Checking and Savings account to a Loan account or VISA credit card account.
Review account balance, and transaction history for Checking, Savings, Certificate, and IRA accounts.
Review information on your Loan account including payoff amounts, due dates, finance charges, interest rate, and balance information and past statements of yours.
Request a withdrawal from your Savings, Checking, or Loan account by check mailed to you.
Make stop payment requests and other transactions permitted by the Credit Union.
Communicate with the Credit Union using the electronic mail (e-mail) feature.
Change your password.
Change your e-mail address.
Change your mailing address.
Request or decline e-Statements.
View Cross Accounts (if applicable).
Transfer Funds to Cross Accounts (if applicable).
Transactions involving your deposit accounts will be subject to the terms of your Membership and Account Agreement and transactions involving a line-of-credit account will be subject to your Loan Agreement and Disclosures, as applicable.
3. Home Banking Service Limitations. The following limitations on Home Banking transactions may apply:
Transfers. You may make funds transfers to your other accounts as often as you like. However, transfers from your savings accounts will be limited to a total of six (6) in any one month through Home Banking, Automated Clearing House (ACH), Audio Response and/or Phone. You may transfer or withdraw up to the available balance in your account or up to the available credit limit on a line-of-credit at the time of the transfer, except as limited under this Agreement or your deposit or loan agreements. The Credit Union reserves the right to refuse any transaction that would draw upon insufficient or unavailable funds, lower an account below a required balance, or otherwise require us to increase our required reserve on the account. All checks are payable to you as a primary member and will be mailed to your postal address of record. The Credit Union may set other limits on the amount of any transaction and you will be notified of those limits.
Account Information. The account balance and transaction history information may be limited to recent account information involving your accounts. Also, the availability of funds for transfer or withdrawal may be limited due to the processing time for any ATM deposit transactions and our Funds Availability Policy.
E-mail. You may use the e-mail to send messages to us. E-mail may not, however, be used to initiate a transfer on your account or a stop payment request. The Credit Union may not immediately receive e-mail communications that you send and the Credit Union will not take action based on e-mail requests until the Credit Union actually receives your message and has a reasonable opportunity to act. If you need to contact the Credit Union immediately regarding an unauthorized transaction or stop payment request, you may call the Credit Union at the telephone number set forth in Section 5.
4. Security of Access Code.
Initial Access. To login to our Home Banking Service for the initial sign on, you must use your user ID and password. After your initial enrollment, you may change your password at any time.
Security. The password that you select is for your security purposes. The password is confidential and should not be disclosed to third parties or recorded. You are responsible for safekeeping your password. You agree not to disclose or otherwise make your password available to anyone not authorized by you to sign on your accounts. If you authorize anyone to have or use your password, you understand that person may use the Home Banking service to review all of your account information and make account transactions. Therefore, we are entitled to act on transaction instructions received using your password and you agree that the use of your password will have the same effect as your signature authorizing transactions.
Authorization. If you authorize anyone to use your password in any manner, that authority will be considered unlimited in amount and manner until you specifically revoke such authority by notifying the Credit Union and changing your password immediately. You are responsible for any transactions made by such persons until you notify us that transactions and access by that person are no longer authorized and your password is changed. If you fail to maintain or change the security of these passwords and the Credit Union suffers a loss, we may terminate your electronic funds transfer and account services immediately.
5. Member Liability. You are responsible for all transfers you authorize using the Home Banking services under this Agreement. If you permit other persons to use your password, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize or conduct on any of your accounts. However, tell us at once if you believe anyone has used your password and accessed your account without your authority. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down.
Also, if your statement shows Home Banking transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was made available to you, you may be liable for the full amount of the loss if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from making the unauthorized EFT transactions. If a good reason (such as a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we may extend the time periods.
If you believe your password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call: (618) 797-7993 or (866) 231-4427 during normal business hours. Or contact us electronically by sending e-mail messages through the Home Banking service on our web site: www.mygcscu.com. Or write: GCS Credit Union, 3970 Maryville Road, Granite City, IL 62040.
6. Business Days. Our business days are Monday through Saturday. Holidays are not included.
7. Fees and Charges. There are no charges for the Home Banking Service at this time. From time to time, the charges may be changed. We will notify you of any changes as required by law.
8. Transaction Documentation. Transfers and withdrawals transacted through Home Banking will be recorded on your periodic statement by mail or electronically.
As necessary to complete transfers;
To verify the existence of sufficient funds to cover specific transactions upon the request of an authorized third party to the transaction;
To comply with government agency or court orders;
If you give us your express permission.
10. Limitation of Liability for Home Banking Services. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. Our sole responsibility for an error in a transfer will be to correct the error. You agree that neither we nor the service providers shall be responsible for any loss, property damage or loss, whether caused by the equipment, software, Credit Union, or by Online browser providers such as Netscape (Netscape Navigator browser) and Microsoft (Microsoft Internet Explorer browser), or by Internet access providers or by online service providers or by an agent or subcontractor of any of the foregoing. Nor shall we or the service providers be responsible for any direct, indirect, special or consequential economic or other damages arising in any way out of the installation, download, use, or maintenance of the equipment, software, Home Banking Services or Internet browser or access software. In this regard, although we have taken measures to provide security for communications from you to us via the Home Banking Services and may have referred to such communication as "secured," we cannot and do not provide any warranty or guarantee of such security. In states that do not allow the exclusion or limitation of such damages, our liability is limited to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Credit Union will not be liable for the following:
If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer, your account is inactive, or the transfer would go over the credit limit on your line of credit, if applicable.
If you used the wrong account access information or you have not properly followed any applicable computer, or Credit Union user instructions for making transfer transactions.
If your computer fails or malfunctions or the phone lines or Credit Union computer system was not properly working and such problem should have been apparent when you attempted such transaction.
If circumstances beyond your control (such as fire, flood, telecommunication outages or strikes, equipment or power failure) prevent making the transaction.
If the funds in your account are subject to an administrative hold, legal process or other claim.
If you have not given the Credit Union complete, correct and current instructions so the Credit Union can process a transfer.
If the error was caused by a system beyond the Credit Union's control such as a telecommunications system, an Internet service provider, any computer virus or problems related to the software not provided by the Credit Union.
If there are other exceptions as established by the Credit Union.
11. Termination of Home Banking Services. You agree that we may terminate this Agreement and your Home Banking services, if you, or any authorized user of your Home Banking services or password breach this or any other agreement with us; or if we have reason to believe that there has been an unauthorized use of your Accounts or password or if you conduct or attempt to conduct any fraudulent, illegal or unlawful transaction, or if we reasonably believe your account conduct poses an undue risk of illegality or unlawfulness.
You or any other party to your account can terminate this Agreement by notifying us in writing. Termination of service will be effective the first business day following receipt of your written notice. Termination of this Agreement will not affect the rights and responsibilities of the parties under this Agreement for transactions initiated before termination.
12. Notices. The Credit Union reserves the right to change the terms and conditions upon which this service is offered. The Credit Union will notify you at least twenty-one (21) days before the effective date of any change, as required by law. This means we will mail you notice or if you have consented to electronic disclosures, we will send it to the e-mail address you have designated. Use of this service is subject to existing regulations governing the Credit Union account and any future changes to those regulations.
13. Statement Errors. In case of errors or questions about your Home Banking transactions, contact us by: telephone at the phone numbers listed; or write us at the address set forth in Section 5, as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the first statement on which the problem appears.
Tell us your name and account number.
Describe the transaction you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days after we hear from you and will correct the error promptly. For errors related to transactions occurring within thirty (30) days after the first deposit to the account (new accounts), we will tell you the results of our investigation within twenty (20) business days. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) calendar days to investigate your complaint or questions (ninety (90) calendar days for new account transaction errors, or errors involving transactions initiated outside the United States). If we decide to do this, we will re-credit your account within ten (10) business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not re-credit your account.
If we decide after our investigation that an error did not occur, we will deliver or mail to you an explanation of our findings within three (3) business days after the conclusion of our investigation. If you request, we will provide you copies of documents (to the extent possible without violating other members' rights to privacy) relied upon to conclude that the error did not occur.
14. Other General Terms.
Other Agreements. In addition to this Agreement, you agree to be bound by and will comply with all terms and conditions applicable to your relationship with GCS Credit Union, as described in your GCS Federal Credit Union Membership and Account Agreement, prior receipt of which you acknowledge.
Severability. In the event that any portion of this Agreement is held by a court to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall not be invalid or unenforceable and will continue in full force and effect. All headings are intended for reference only and are not to be construed as part of the Agreement.
15. Enforcement. You agree to be liable to the Credit Union for any liability, loss, or expense as provided in this Agreement that the Credit Union incurs as a result of any dispute involving your accounts or services. You authorize the Credit Union to deduct any such liability, loss, or expense from your account without prior notice to you. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the state of Illinois as applied to contracts entered into solely between residents of, and to be performed entirely in, such state. In the event either party brings a legal action to enforce the Agreement or collect any overdrawn funds on accounts accessed under this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled, subject to Illinois law, to payment by the other party of its reasonable attorney's fees and costs, including fees on any appeal, bankruptcy proceedings, and any post-judgment collection actions, if applicable. Should any one or more provisions of this Agreement be determined illegal or unenforceable in any relevant jurisdiction, then such provision be modified by the proper court, if possible, but only to the extent necessary to make the provision enforceable and such modification shall not affect any other provision of this Agreement.
I have read the Home Banking Agreement & Disclosures
and agree to the terms and conditions.